BACK TO SCHOOL LUNCH IDEAS
Quick and easy lunches don't have to be boring. Here are a few tips to help you make healthy lunches for your kids.
- Pack lunch on a Sunday and use the same ingredients in diverse ways throughout the week.
- Keep your family happy with some hot-lunch options.
- Look for recipes that include foods that shouldn't be left in the sun too long.
- Food safety is important, so wrap sandwiches tightly and put them in an insulated lunch bag with a few ice packs.
- Don't overlook snacks! They help keep energy levels up without causing a big appetite at lunchtime.
Making lunches doesn't have to be overwhelming. Below are examples of healthy lunches your kids will enjoy!
Turkey + Cheddar Roll-up
Deli Meat + Cheese Kabobs
Red Pepper Slices
Fruit Leather or Snacks
Hard Boiled Eggs
Baby Carrots + Ranch
Peaches or Applesauce
Almond Butter + Jelly (or PB +J)
Cheddar Cheese Cubes
Lara Bar or Cliff Bar
Bagel + Cream Cheese
Veggie Wraps with Hummus
Edamame or Snap Peas